On your Merchant Dashboard, the Button Generator provides step-by-step instructions for creating a Donation button or link.
After you log in to your LaterPay Merchant Account, please follow the steps below to create a Donation button or link:
- Go to the Button Generator (beta).
- Click the “Let’s Start” button.
- Enter the cause that people will donate to. You should include both your organization's name and a call-to-action. Here’s a few examples:
- “Daily Examiner Scholarship Fund”
- “Smith’s Blacksmith: keeping alive Blacksmithing in Ohio”
- “Donate for oil spill cleanup supplies for Clean The Bay Day”
Please note: The statement you enter will appear as the item description in the LaterPay dialog, which appears next to the amount you want people to donate.
- Next, decide if you want the Donation to be Pay Now or Pay Later. Our research shows people are four times more likely to donate if they can Pay Later. These types of donations are limited to between five cents and five dollars. So if you’re asking for donations that total more than $5.00, set up the Donation as a Pay Now Donation.
- Next enter your preferred URL: this is usually the page that your user was on before they clicked the Donation button.
- Finally, enter the URL of your Thank You page, if you are using one.
- You’re done! The Generator will create both the code for the button and the link., Then you will receive an email with the html coding. Here’s an example of the button people will see, and the LaterPay dialog that appears when the button is clicked: