On your Merchant Dashboard, the Button Generator provides step-by-step instructions for creating a Contribution button or link.
After you log in to your LaterPay Merchant Account, please follow the steps below to create a Contribution button or link:
- Goto the Button Generator (beta).
- Click the “Let’s Start” button.
- Enter what people will contribute to. You should include both your organization's name and a call-to-action. Here’s a few examples:
- “Daily Examiner Scholarship Fund”
- “Smith’s Blacksmith: keeping alive Blacksmithing in Ohio”
- “Support quality local journalism by Contributing to The Local Times”
Please note: The statement you enter will appear as the item description in the LaterPay dialog, which appears next to the amount you want people to contribute.
- Next, decide if you want the Contribution to be Pay Now or Pay Later. Our research shows people are four times more likely to contribute if they can Pay Later. These types of contributions are limited to between five cents and five dollars. So if you’re asking for donations that total more than $5.00, set up the Contribution as a Pay Now Contribution.
- Next enter your preferred URL: this is usually the page that your user was on before they clicked the Contribution button.
- Finally, enter the URL of your Thank You page, if you are using one.
- You’re done! The Generator will create both the code for the button and the link. Then you will receive an email with the html coding. Here’s an example of the button people will see, and the LaterPay dialog that appears when the button is clicked: